Here at GreenGenUK we are frequently asked by domestic customers how a solar PV system could benefit their home and the sort of system they should be installing.
Despite the fact no two systems will be or perform the exact same, the best way to show customers how a solar PV system can benefit them is to show the benefits of a similar system. This page highlights the expected return on investment of a 4kW solar PV system, as quoted by GreenGenUK in August 2015.
A 4kW solar PV system is the largest permitted installation capacity for domestic home owners without attaining further permission from the grid.
It’s worth noting that the vast majority of domestic houses are permitted to install up to a 4kW solar PV system, but there are instances where permission may be required and where it will not be possible to fit a 4kW solar PV system. Often the reason for this is due to lack of roof space.
Date of quotation: 01/09/2015
The solar PV system quoted and installed in this project consists of:
– 16 SolarWorld 250w black solar panels
– 1 StecaGrid 3600 inverter
– 1 Schletter roof mounting system
– 1 Rayleigh single phase generation metre
– 1 Wireless remote monitor
The output of this 4kW solar PV system is:
– annual output of 4111 kilowatt hours
The expected benefits of the system are:
– Feed-in Tariff generation payments of £531 per annum
– Feed-in Tariff export payments of £99 per annum (at 50% of generation)
– Electricity savings of £287 per annum (at 50% of generation)
Providing total benefit of £918 per annum
GreenGenUK anticipate this system will pay itself back in 6 years.
* It is near impossible to predict with certainty due to the many variables that effect total generation. The above estimation is compliant with standard MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) procedure and are for guidance purposes only.
* Feed-in Tariff benefits are calculated on the 12.92p generation tariff and 4.77p export tariff accurate as of 30/09/2015. More information on the Feed-in Tariff can be found on our Feed-in Tariff webpage. Feed-in Tariff news can be found on the Ofgem website.
GreenGenUK quoted this customer for 16 SolarWorld 250w black panels. With experience working with a host of panels, we feel as though SolarWorld represent a blend of quality, efficiency and value, with one of the strongest warranties on the market. GreenGenUK have access to a diverse range of panels, varying in output, size and price, to meet the requirements of the most demanding installations.
Detailed information on SolarWorld solar panels can be found on our ‘SolarWorld Solar Panels‘ information page.
To find ways of harnessing more than 50 percent of the solar energy your 4kW solar PV system is generating or to discuss your renewable options contact GreenGenUK by filling out the enquiry form found below or calling the office on 01326 564513.
GreenGenUK have a range of 4kW solar PV system case studies available on our Case Studies webpage. We’ve have broken down the financial benefits and return of each system with images of the system installed.
We also have a host of commercial solar PV and renewable heat technology case studies for the benefit of any interested customers.