GreenGenUK is recruiting for a project engineer.
The project engineer role is advertised for both qualified and trainee applicants.
GreenGen is one of Cornwall and the South West’s leading renewable energy designer and installers, specialising in domestic installations of solar PV, air source and ground source heat pumps and battery storage solutions.
We are looking to expand our team of project engineers as part of our ongoing aim to improve the service and speed at which we can respond to our customers. In addition, by expanding our team of engineers, we are able to keep at the forefront of new technologies.
The successful candidate for GreenGen’s renewable project engineer will assist our current renewable engineers with all aspects of system design and specification. The applicant will be responsible for assisting customers throughout the quotation process. Emphasis is on efficiency and quality of work.
The right candidate will become an integral part of GreenGenUK’s office team with scope for progression.
Our project engineer’s role will include anything from dealing with an initial customer query, undertaking heat loss calculations and system design with the aim of securing new contracts. The successful applicant will need to exhibit a highly professional manner in all their customer interactions, be it email, telephone or face-to-face.
Training support will be given and will be largely on the job. Further training courses provided if, as and when required.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Heat loss calculation
- Renewable heating system design and specification
- Solar system design and specification
- Producing technical drawings, analysis and feasibility
- Liaising with customers, following up on proposals and responding with queries
- Liaising with other engineers and installation teams
- Supporting with post-installation documentation and registration
- Supporting other office members in various tasks
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Computer literate with Word and CAD, particularly Excel
- Ability to work individually or as part of a small team
- Attention to detail
- Professional outlook
- The ability to take on new task quickly
- The capability of managing and prioritising workloads
- Passion or experience of renewable technologies advantageous
- Full UK driving license
- A2 Level (equivalent or above accepted) in Mathematics at Grade C or above
- HNC (equivalent or above accepted) in a relevant engineering discipline (preferred but not required)
- GCSE (equivalent or above accepted) in English
How to Apply
Send your CV along with a covering letter to the following:
All applications are considered on an individual basis.