Claim up to £500 towards the cost of purchasing and installing an EV charging point in your home with the OZEV grant.
The OZEV grant (Office for Zero Emission Vehicles, formally the Office for Low Emissions Cehicles) is a government scheme that incentivises the uptake of low carbon vehicles. Firstly, the scheme incentivises the uptake of domestic and commercial car charging.
OZEV Grant Summary
- Up to £350 off of the cost of installing a home charging point
- Available for most electric and hybrid cars
- One OZEV claim per eligible vehicle
- Two vehicles per household can claim OZEV
How do I qualify for the OZEV Grant?
Eligible new and used electric or hybrid cars purchased after 1st October 2016 qualify for the OZEV grant. Additionally, the following criteria need to be met:
- All full-battery electric cars are eligible (click here for a full list of eligible vehicles)
- Applicants must have off-street parking
- Only OZEV-approved charge points are eligible
- Installation of the charging point must be no more than four months after EV delivery date
- Installation of the charging point must be no more than four months after becoming the EV’s registered keeper
- Only OZEV-approved installers can installed an eligible system
Claiming the OZEV Grant
Most OZEV-approved EV charge point installers will assist customers with their OZEV application or claim on their behalf. So you know, GreenGenUK is an approved OZEV installer.
Applications for OZEV are made in the build-up to or shortly following the installation of the electric charge point. The application primarily focuses on registration details of the electric vehicle and the EV charging point itself.
Want to know more about EV Charging?
As an OZEV-approved installer, GreenGenUK can help clear up any questions you have on EV charging or the OZEV.
Finally, call GreenGenUK today to find out more or to get a quote. Alternatively, visit our EV Charging webpage to learn more.